Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LIFE AS I KNOW IT

Things are coming together around here and my home is actually beginning to look like a true home. After about two weeks of going without some key items, in the last few days I have finally succeeded in acquiring a bed and a couch (thank goodness for craigslist!) and now my next task is to find a dining set. Classes are in full swing and it caught me by surprise that I'm actually enjoying all that it brings with it. And when I say that, I mean that in the sense that I wasn't quite sure if I was over being burnt out by school, but apparently I am, for now. For one of my classes this semester, each week we're to do a video-recorded counseling session with another student infiltrating the techniques we've learned in class. So, after all of one day of being in that class I went into one of those traditional counseling type of rooms (think of one you might see on Dateline or 20/20 or something, complete with a video-camera up in one corner of the room and kid-related items off to the side) and conducted a 20 min. counseling session. It was a little nerve-wracking, not really knowing what I was doing or what to expect but I'm thinking I didn't mess up too bad (and hopefully didn't mess up the 'counselee' either). In other news, in an effort to get involved in stuff around the area I looked into activities through the various cities' parks and recreations and as a result. . . I am now a card-carrying kickball player. Yep, that's right, I've joined an adult, co-ed kickball league and we have a scrimmage game this upcoming Sunday evening. Sadly, I had missed the registration date for the beach flag-football league and kickball was my only other option, but hey, I like the game. . .even if I'm used to playing it either as a kid or with kids, so I'm hoping that these people aren't die-hard kickballers. We'll see. Other than that, I'm just enjoying getting a feel for the area and trying to master the directionally-challenged streets around here, but don't worry I'm on my way to being victorious.

1 comment:

DaNae said...

Megan!! I saw your comment on Rachel's blog and had to see what you are up to. It looks like life is treating you great.