Saturday, December 20, 2008

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

This picture is a pretty accurate representation of how I feel right about now. As of this past Wednesday night I have no schoolwork whatsoever looming over me for the next couple of weeks -- ah, freedom. I don't have to work for the next two weeks, but still get paid for them -- thank goodness for a salaried job within the school system. And almost exactly this time tomorrow I will be en route to Washington, heading back to spend some good, quality, holiday time with the ones I hold most dear. I will in fact be home for Christmas and I am so very excited. Not to mention, I hear that there is even snow awaiting me there, it couldn't be more perfect. Amidst my pure joy of getting to be home with friends and family after being away from them for 4 months I also am excited about how my life is taking shape here as well. It's funny how right when I'm really starting to feel more at home here and getting better connected with people it's time to head home to my real home for awhile. Regardless, it makes me feel all that more better about returning here after being home with my loved ones, and might make it just a little bit easier to leave them all again for the next span of time. As for now, I'm watching the clock with eager anticipation until I get to board that plane tomorrow and head back to a place and the people whom I love dearly, and I intend to soak up all my time there and with them. . .oh yeah, and to celebrate the season too of course!

No comments: