Tuesday, December 15, 2009

REALITY CHECK

No one's stopping you but yourself. That's something I casually mentioned to my sister in response to something trivial the other day. As soon as the words were out of my mouth though I no longer saw them in the context of our conversation, but rather was convicted by the reality that that's exactly what was happening on a larger scale with some matters of my own life. My own words have found me guilty as charged. I don't want to be one of those people who lives by the saying "do as I say, not as I do," even more, I don't want to be responsible for holding myself back. I want to lead by example. When I give advice to others, I want them to have confidence in it, in me, because I veered away from hypocrisy and took my own advice. Most importantly, I want to have faith in myself, in my dreams, and in God's plan for me and to not be the one stopping myself. I know that I've referred to it before, but I think that this quote is relevant and worthy of a re-read, and so I sign off with this, my newly adopted mantra: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined," (thanks Mr. Thoreau).

No comments: