Tuesday, October 14, 2008

WAITING ON THE CHANGING OF SEASONS

Dear Fall,

I've been wanting to ask you this for quite some time, so here goes. . .are we not friends anymore? I've been waiting around for you and have even stooped to the level of asking repeatedly for you to hang out with me, but to no avail. I miss you. I miss how your brisk weather makes me feel, and how it gives me the chance to bundle up in layers and wrap myself in blankets. I miss the beauty that you bring with the vivid colors of changing leaves. I miss the way that you smell, with your fresh, crisp air that is tinged with the aroma of apple cider and pumpkin pie. I just plain miss you and would love nothing more than to have you in my life, here and now. I know you might feel overshadowed by Summer, most people seem to prefer Summer's friendship, but between you and me, I would rather have your company. Besides, Summer doesn't know me the way that you do. Today, Summer thought that I would enjoy having an 80+ degree day in October! That's just crazy. Summer doesn't know me at all . . . and that's not the kind of friend that I want to have. We have something good Fall, please tell me that it is still there and show your face around here. I'll be waiting with eager anticipation until you do. . .

Your friend,
Megan

1 comment:

DaNae said...

I love the fall too. But in vegas i guess we have endless summers. LAME!! You have always been such a great writer. I remember you writing stories since elementary school.