Tuesday, January 26, 2010

HEY OLD LADY

Sometimes the cold, hard truth of reality comes right up and smacks you in the face; or in my case, the head.

They’ve been slowly taking up residence on my head for almost a year now, but it seems as though their ranks have been growing as of late. What is it that I am talking about? Grey hairs. That’s right, I’m not yet even 25 (25!!) and I already have more than one grey hair. I’d like to attribute it to stress, but whatever the reason of their existence, the truth is I’m getting older, we all are, with each passing day. I know my mind and body won’t always be the same as they are now [which, let’s face it, would be good if it would change, as in, my getting in better shape], and that no matter how well I take care of myself there are some things that will change without my own doing simply because I’ll be getting older, but I just wasn’t really aware that perhaps I’m already starting on the downward slope. Yikes. I’m hoping that those pesky grey hairs aren’t the precursor to more symptoms of aging popping up in my near future, and I sure think it would be quite nice if they would disappear all together.



I do intend to age gracefully. . .just when the time comes, and I’m hoping that that time isn’t upon me just yet; right now, I may not be so graceful about it.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I intend to age gracefully as well ... perhaps with the help of a little botox ... or not ... or maybe that's why I still look so fabulously young at the ripe old age of 28 and 51 weeks! :)

Heather said...

Hey Old Lady...post something new!