Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET. . .HOPEFULLY

Dear East Coast,

I'm not going to lie, this break up has been hard on me. I've been able to enjoy a lot of this past month when I've been around my family and friends, but in the still moments where it's just me and my thoughts, the fact that we're not together right now hits me hard. Remembering our time together, sometimes it feels as though it was all just a dream and never happened in the first place, other times, a grieving feeling rises up from the pit of my stomach and makes me acknowledge that I lost something I truly loved. I know this was my own doing, and I apologize for ending things rather unexpectedly and abruptly, but I had to do what I had to do at the time. I'm still trying to figure out where you fit in my life, but I'm pretty sure that the saying 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' rings true here. I don't know what the future holds, but I hope that you haven't written me off just yet. Give me time, and hopefully we can work through this. Until then. . .

With love,

2 comments:

CHOCOLATE GIRL said...

Hi Meg,

I enjoyed meeting you on Sunday at
Betty's and our short chat! I have
been inspired by reading your blog
this morning and will return soon to read more. :) You are a gifted and creative writer. Your thoughts of inspiration are gifts to your followers. As I look over my shoulder out my window I see the soothing rays of the fall sun have returned.
http://walkinginthisworld-chocolategirl.blogspot.com/
Enjoy your day!

tjj916 said...

and we miss you too!