Friday, September 18, 2009

LIFE'S UNFOLDING JOURNEY

Boomerang. A flying apparatus that, when thrown properly, returns to where it was thrown from. As applied to humans, a person who spreads their wings to fly and yet returns right back to where they started from. This is my second time boomeranging. I’m chagrined to admit it, but it’s the truth and therefore is inescapable – believe me, I’ve tried to escape it and you just can’t outrun the truth, dang. On one hand, I suppose the current state of my life could be perceived as a good thing in that A. having a quarter-life crisis may eliminate having a mid-life crisis later on, or, at least, B. it will make a mid-life crisis seem like a walk in the park – I’m pulling for A. At any rate, here I am, wondering just what it is that I’m doing here and attempting to figure out what’s next to come in this journey of life. I find myself floating somewhere between uneasiness and optimism, fearful of getting stuck in a rut, of settling, but hoping to overcome such things and make my future into whatever I want it to be. Just today I dove back in to one of my favorite books, Bruce Wilkinson’s The Dream Giver, and have been eating up every word of it, finding insight and encouragement that I've unconsciously been in need of. In particular, this snippet was among many which stuck with me today: “He wouldn’t waste another day waiting for his Dream to seem possible. He would find a way to pursue it.” Fabulous. And so, in this season of adventures, and misadventures, and with a new sense of gumption inspired by Mr. Wilkinson’s work, my intention is to move beyond the possibilities of my dreams into the probability of them. Making use of this time in my life to enjoy the freedom of where I'm currently at all while whole-heartedly pursuing my dreams until they are a reality, until they are what's next in my life's journey. Here we go. . .
-
-
“Isn’t it time to begin? You’ve waited long enough.
Your dream is beating in your chest.
Do you feel it?
Tell your friends the news.
Pack your bags.
It’s time to follow the Dream Giver on the journey to your Dream.” – The Dream Giver

1 comment:

Jyl said...

Megan-
Me and Jennie are writing a book about just this!!!!! Want to be a contributer???!!!!!!