Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RANDOMNESS IN ALL ITS GLORY

If you've spent enough time with me you're probably well aware of my love for the word random. *Ahem, note the title of the blog.* I tend to use the word a little too often, quite typically to describe things that may not really be random in all actuality. According to Merriam-Webster though the definition of random is as such: "lacking a definite plan, purpose, or pattern." Interesting. No wonder I love random so much, that definition is pretty much an accurate summation of my life. I would like to argue that most of life, not just my own, is in fact random when you think about it though. After all how many things in life truly are definite anyway? We may intend for them to be definite but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will be, there are almost always circumstances, matters, experiences, etc. beyond our control that can effect what happens. One of my favorite quotes reads: "Make your plans. But write them on paper, not in concrete. God and life have a way of intruding and leading you on a journey that you might not have anticipated in your wildest dreams." God knows His plans for us but to us life is often random, and people are random too, and so sometimes the best thing we can do is to trust in God, hold on tight, and enjoy the ride. Besides, randomness adds a little spice to life. Don't you think?


And now, simply for your viewing pleasure, I leave you with some of my favorite random (by my own definition) pictures. Enjoy:

A Jesus nightlight

A drive-in liquor store

"Pin the Baby in the Manger"


Mr. No-Sleeve Sweatshirt riding a horse bareback


An unfortunate Native American by the name of Young Man Afraid of His Horses



No comments: